Pre-Surgical ScreeningSoCal MDS' neurologists are trained for pre-surgery screening. It is important that you have a pre-surgical screening conducted by a trained professional to ensure surgery is necessary. Some movement disorders share similar symptoms and are frequently misdiagnosed.
Expert Witness TestimonyWe provide medical expert witness testimony and medical legal consultation for medical malpractice cases. If you are a hospitals, law firm, and other medical facility, we can help.
California State Athletic Commission
We offer professional athlete physical examination testing for those that need a license to compete in professional boxing, mixed martial arts, kickboxing, and any other combative sport requiring licensure by the State of California.
Clinical Trials & ResearchGet involved in phase II and III clinical trials in Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and other movement disorders. We provide local, focused patient care and provide resources that will help advance the cause of clinical research.
Treatment OptionsDr. Lisk and his team currently employs many treatment methods such as:
- Programming of deep brain stimulators for Parkinson’s disease, dystonia and essential tremor
- Pre-screening for deep brain stimulator surgery for Parkinson’s disease to determine which patients are valid candidates
- Intrathecal baclofen pump trials, pump refills and management for spasticity secondary to stroke, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and other causes
- Botulinum toxin and intrathecal baclofen pumps for spasticity, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, post-stroke, cerebral palsy and other origins
- Botulinum toxin injections for migraines (including nerve blocks), blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, focal dystonia (e.g., foot dystonia and cervical dystonia), pre-screening and intraoperative monitoring for deep brain stimulation, programming of deep brain stimulators
- Botulinum toxins to manage cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, oromandibular dystonia, upper and lower spasticity, foot dystonia, and more
- Treatment of spasticity and its symptoms